Its sunday evening, I got only 700 words on my dissertation at the moment… My challenge is to write 1000 words by day for the next 3 days! I won’t leave this computer without my 1000 words.
Chapiter 1: The monster reflects the creator
+ HER: We got an opinion on everyone
+How to define our identity?
+ THE BRAND: We got an opinion on everything
+ How to define Brand identity?
Chapiter 2: We know the same story
Chapiter 3: Bring to life the beast
+ And Dr.Frankenstein created Apple
+ A bed time story
+Be part of the family
Is there a Dr Frankenstein in each designer?
In my dissertation I want to highlight the relationship between our individual identity and brand identity and the fact that we reflect ourselves in what we create to make it more human, in consequence to an emotional link between us and brands.
It is really hard to define and give a definition to the word identity. It’s probably necessary to narrow it down to be able to describe it.
As an individual, as me, I am not sure about who I am really am. My identity is not just a piece of plastic in my wallet with my name on it or some different outfits I can put on and will define me. Its actually so hard to figure out our identity and how we want to be perceived by other. But as a designer, we actually got the “power” to create from nothing a virtual character for a product or a company. We choose a name, create a face, an image, we make sure the brand will respond the right group and evolve by itself. More or less like a child or sims!
Referencing a book in bibliography:
Rose, G. 2001: Visual Methodologie: An Introduction to the Interpretation of visual Materials: An Introduction toInterpreting visual object, London: Sage publications.
Referencing a book in text:
[Rose 2001 pp.200]
Referencing an article in text:
[Raine 2008 18]
Article in bibliography:
Monochrom (2009) Experience the Experience, [Online] Vienna.
Our dissertation is based on our argument. The references are here to back up our opinion.
Writing and writing strategies
Writing a dissertation is a personal research journey:
- How you came to choose your lead
- Outlining your interests in Graphic Design
- Drawing links between your research and practice
- Personal reflections and examples
- Considered use of the word “I”
- Visual inclusions of your Graphic Design
- Using different “voices”/ different writing style
Paraphrasing vs quotes
- Paraphrasing is when u read a text and then write about it in your own words.
- Quotes need to be incorporated in the text, introduced and analyzed.
Title of chapiter can be interesting.
Contents page is the map to the dissertation.
how the content can work with my concept ?
Think of introdcution as a map . No under 800 words. The introduction should be write at the end. anintroduction should be clear and contains:
- topic (very brief outline)
- rationale ( your reasons for choosing topic)
- reasearch and research methods
- outline of specific terminology
Write the introduction in an intersting way. Make it personal !
After talking to Annastasios my question is a bit blur at the moment
Chapiter 1: Who are we?
- Our identity : Whats form the individual identity?
- Our past does it influence our present “me”?
- Why do we named?
- Do we rebrand ourself with fake identities ?
Chapiter 2: From individual identity to brand identity
- Why use personnification and anthropomorphy on object and ideas?
- The complexity of brand identity
- The creation of a brand person
- Be part of the familly
Chapiter 3: What is the role of the designer in identities or self identity developement?
Analyse quotes !
Write disserstion between 5000/10000 words
At least 3 to 5 Chapiters
Conclusion at least 800 words
Coming back to example! to demonstrate point and opinion !